At Dupont Hospital, we understand the needs of a child are very different from those of an adult - especially in the hospital. So we let kids be kids. Our pediatric team provides the care and attention kids need, in an area designed just for them.
We care for babies, children and teens in a child-friendly setting that includes:
- A six-bed inpatient unit
- A three-bed pediatric intensive care unit
- Lutheran Children's Hospital pediatric subspecialists, who are available for consultation
- Pediatric RNs and trained respiratory therapists
- Certified lactation consultants
- Family-centered care, partnering with parents or guardians during each step of treatment
- Private rooms with sleeper sofas and bathrooms with showers
- A playroom with toys and craft supplies for patients
Dupont also has a pediatric procedure room for outpatient services, including IV therapy, dressing changes and other nonemergent care. It's just another way to put young patients at ease during treatment.